Saturday 1 October 2016

What Emmeline Wore - Autumn October Edition! Day 1

So, you might remember that last year I ran a project called 'What Emmeline Wore In July' (there's a little roundup here!), well, this year I'm bringing it back with an Autumn edition for each day in October! The project was inspired by the What I Wore photographs of so many of my favourite bloggers, and I wanted to give it a bit of a twist by creating an illustration of my outfit for each day in a month. 

I'm not going to lie, it's really hard work creating an illustration each day (no days off!), but, especially after last year, and with other challenges like Inktober and Illustrated Advent, I've seen the massive benefits that challenging yourself to push your work can have. It takes a bit of discipline, but getting in that daily practice can improve your illustration work, teach you new techniques, and give you a bit of insight into what you actually want to create with your work.  

Aside from encouraging me to mix up my wardrobe a bit and dust off some lesser-worn items (yay!), the project also acts as a visual diary - looking back at the July edition last year, it's amazing how much more I remember from that month after taking the time to illustrate my outfit and a little bit of my environment each day!

I love to collaborate with my work, so like last year (where I worked with the likes of Boden, Laura Ashley, Clarks etc) I have some of my very favourite companies on board to support the project - I can't wait to share them! 

So, without further ado, here's Day One! Today I'm officially house-hunting, so I'm getting snuggled up in one of my favourite coats (it's a bit of a grey day here) and a cosy scarf. The coat is from Monsoon*, and was a Christmas present from my family a couple of years ago, and it's gorgeous  - lots of yummy textures and plum colours. 

I'm going to be posting my outfit illustrations up on my blog and social media each day in October, so to keep track of them you can follow the hashtag #wewio on Twitter and Instagram, or keep up to date on Bloglovin. I'm excited! Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment